Friday, November 03, 2006

Cell Phone

Staurt was sitting down at a table in the hall, a few books spread infront of him, looking as if he was studying. I sat down across from him, but he was already engaged ina conversation on his cell phone. He waved at me, but continued to pay attention to the person on the other end of the line.
It's strange how people will pay attention to a telephone instead of the real person right infront of them. It's like telecommunications are more important than communications.
"Yeah, I can be right over," he was saying to the person on the other end of the line. "Fuck, wait, I just took my foot hings off."
A pause.
"You know, those things that you put on your feet."
A Pause.
"No, not socks, those foot things you put over them."
A short pause.
"Yeah, shoes. Give me a minute, I'll be right over."
Stuart bent over, put on his shoes, told me he'd be right back and then walked across teh hall to the cafeteria and met with a girl who was putting a cell phone into her purse. He handed her a peice of paper, then came back and sat down.
"Man, this thing's a pain int he ass" he said as he slammed his cell phone down on the table. He didn't turn it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home